This list comprises some of our standards for building homes.
- Remove topsoil before digging footings | Removes organic material found in the soil, from the crawlspace & building footprint.
- 24” wide footings w/2 rows of continuous rebar reinforcement | This is a very strong foundation. A lot of builders use 18” wide footings which are ok,
but hey, don’t you want the foundation of your house better than just ok?
- I-JOIST Engineered floor systems | No floor sagging – superior to sawn lumber floors
- Radiant covered roof plywood | Reduces heat in your attic! Inexpensive way to reduce heating bill. Keeps overall house cooler.
- Insulated window & door headers | Removes air void above all structural windows and doors
- Solid corner framing | Strong wall junctions!
- Sealed Crawlspace | Reduces mold, improves air quality of your home.
- Caulk and foam around all windows and doors | Takes time, but creates a more airtight and cost efficient home to heat and cool.
- Caulk around all wall plates | Same as above – improves heating and cooling efficiency
- Install quiet bathroom fans | Virtually silent bath fans!
- Recommend high performance window such as Pella or Marvin Integrity | Not only are they better made and look nicer than the cheapos out there,
but they will last longer and lose less heat and air conditioning from your home.
- Advantec plywood subflooring that we glue, nail and screw to the floor system | 50yr warranty.
Virtually eliminates squeaks! Most builders just nail the subflooring
- Condition the house prior to installing interior trim and flooring | Removes moisture & reduces the chance of cracks
- Use Miratec exterior trim | Composite material that will not rot like wood trim, but still looks great.
We prefer to use this around windows, doors, fascias, and corner boards.
- Promar exterior paint | Performs better than traditional paint & lasts much longer
- 20 mil rubber roof valley flashing | Placed under black tar paper in all roof valleys. Keeps house dry during construction and gives your roof a much longer life.
- We use subcontractors who have been in business for over 10 years and have been
working with us for years | They know our standards and take care of our clients as if they were part of our company.
- Install gutter guards | Cleaning gutters is a pain. This also reduces fascia board rot, which is also a pain to fix!